Registration & Audition
Prerequisites and Special Requirements:
Previous training on your instrument and enrollment in school instrumental music program is encouraged if one is available. Membership in the SCYSO is not intended to replace such participation.
Registration is now open for the 2021 - 2022 Season!
The SCYSO is proud to offer unparalleled musical training and professional performance opportunities to musicians of all abilities.
Registration and seating placement audition videos will be accepted July 1 – September 1, 2021. Please note that you do not need to wait for audition results before completing the registration process as auditions are for seating purposes only.
Registration & Audition Requirements
Fill out the online registration form and upload audition video onto your registration form where it says 'Audition Link'.
How to Create Your Audition Video
Please follow the instructions below while recording your audition video:
1. State your name, age and year in school beginning Fall 2021.
2. Play a major & minor scale and a 3 minute solo excerpt of
1. Upload your video to your Google Drive account and ensure
privacy settings are set so we can see your video.
2. Copy the share link to the video and paste it onto your
registration form where it say 'Audition Link.'
Post to YouTube:
1. Prepare the file
2. Log into your YouTube account
3. Click the upload button
4. Choose a video file
5. Click the Open or Choose button
6. Add the details (name & instrument)
7. Set the privacy settings to either Unlisted or Public. If you set it to Private, we will not be able to view your video.
8. Copy and paste the link to the video onto your registration
form where it says 'Audition Link.'